Thursday, August 14, 2008

Does wine and coffee mix??!!!


You know you are having it rough when at 10:00 a.m. your asking yourself, "Is it to early to have a glass of wine?" I was out of Baily's Irish Creme to add to my coffee and the only alcohol I had in the house was a bottle of Merlot. I pondered for awhile, "Could I add wine into my cup of coffee?"

This morning Andrew and I had a an appointment at the photography studio for his senior picture... my first question was, "A consultation?" We walked into the studio and Denise greeted us with a smile and walked us into a small room to share a digital presentation about their photo studio. We saw a small presentation video that last approx. 5 minutes and then she moved us to another area of the studio. Mind you, I am still fuzzy about the consultation. Anyhoo, Andrew and I sat there with Denise as she explained to various poses that Andrew can have and what he should wear, what were his hobbies, what was his favorite color, etc, etc, etc... I finally asked her, "Denise, what type of packages do you offer?" She looked at me like I was speaking in tongue and then said, "We do not offer packages. We have selections." Selections?! I knew right then and there I was going to have to sell Andrew in order to buy these Senior Selections!!! The cheapest "SELECTION" which is an 8 x 10 with a border and 5 shots of Andrew in various poses is priced at $325!!!! My head started spinning, my eyes began to cross and then my mouth went dry.

All of a sudden, my mother flashed into my head and I went back in time to 1980 when I was taking my senior pictures and my mother said, "Buy the cheapest package Sylvia!!!" I remember going in with my friends to take my pictures. It was held at school in the old Art Room. I took a picture in my cap and gown, one in a blue fur drape, and then one in an outfit of my choice. That was it!!! The package I chose was $25 and my mother still thought that was too expensive. Now we have SELECTIONS!! I just couldn't believe my ears! What a scam! I told Denise that we had to think about it and I would get back to her about my decision.

As Andrew and I drove away we were both silent in the car. I broke the silence and said to him, "What in the world was that all about?!" I told him maybe we should consider going to Sears to take his pictures... he did not find any humor in my comment and did not respond. We made it home and I found my way to the coffee maker. I poured my coffee into my favorite mug and thought... "Hmmm... does wine and coffee mix?" I am still in shock about the cost of those pictures and realize that this is just the beginning of Andrew's Senior Year.

1 comment:

_forfree said...

i was wondering the same thing! about mixing wine and coffee.
so i searched it on google, and this came up.

hahah. did you try it?