Wednesday, September 17, 2008

And so the Senior Activities Begin...

Tomorrow is Andrew's Ring Ceremony at his school tomorrow morning. I just finished ironing his "garb" for the occasion and just started crying! Needless to say I didn't need the spray bottle to finish his shirt. They weren't sad tears but they were "What the hell happened" tears. I found myself wondering how I got to this point. My child will be receiving his class ring tomorrow! Wow!!!

I couldn't help but think of my parents and how proud they would be. Andrew was the light of their lives...especially my mothers! So tonight as I iron my Andrew's clothes for his big day tomorrow, I have my parents on my mind. These are the times that I wish they could be here enjoying this special moment with Andrew. I know in my heart that they are with him in spirit.

Gene and I are took the day off for the big ceremony. I already told Gene that we have to get there extra early so I can get a good seat! This is about me now and I want to make sure I get a decent seat so I can take tons of pictures. Gene does not argue with me anymore because he knows how I am. My family tells me that I have a touch of OCD and even though I tell them I do not, I really do. Things have to be just so in my life and if they are not, someone will have to suffer for it! So Gene and Andrew have just learned to straighten out and fly right when it comes to my OCD.

I will be posting picture tomorrow on Andrew's Blog, so stay tuned. I already packed my box of tissue and made sure my camera has new batteries. I told Andrew that I won't make a scene and he just rolled his eyes. He saw the box of Kleenex and said under his breath, "I'm in trouble now!"

And to my beautiful sister... I wish you could be here tomorrow, but I will take tons of pictures and send them to you. I will give you a play by play of the day when you call me on your way home from work. You should see your nephew's outfit! He looks absolutely smashing and I could not help but think, "Mijo sure got his fashion sense from his Tia!" You know he loves you more than his shoes!

2 comments:

Elena's Girl said...

I hope it is a great day for him! And you! I so wish I could be there. Make sure to post pictures tomorrow. I can't wait to hear how he likes his ring. LOL! I laughed when I read that "someone will have to suffer for it". I love you mijo!

Tia Patty said...

my goodness where does the time go? I know helen & lalo would have to heve their own box of kleenex. have a wonderful happy day and send pics